FinCEN Report Information Questionnaire
The purpose of this questionnaire is to collect information from a reporting company that FinCEN Filer, LLC, will use to prepare and file the reporting company’s FinCEN Report with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network of the U.S. Treasury (“FinCEN”) to avoid the $500/day penalty for a late filing.
This form should be completed by the reporting company’s contact person (the “Contact”). This is the person FinCEN Filer, LLC, will work with to prepare, review, and file the FinCEN Report.
Before the Contact can complete and submit this questionnaire the Contact must do all of the following:
- Complete and submit the reporting company’s questionnaire at www.fincenfiler.com/rcq
- If the reporting company was formed after 2023, send an email to each Applicant (see the definition of Applicant) that contains a link to the Applicant Information Questionnaire at www.fincenfiler.com/aq and ask the Applicant to complete and submit the questionnaire. We will give the Contact the text to input into the email message.
- Send an email to each Beneficial Owner (“BO”) (see the definition of BO) that contains a link to the Applicant Information Questionnaire at www.fincenfiler.com/boq and ask the BO to complete and submit the questionnaire. We will give the Contact the text to input into the email message.
After steps 1 – 3 are completed the following will occur:
- When an Applicant and a BO submit their questionnaire our system will send each of them an email that has all the information they input into the questionnaire and ask them to review the questionnaire for accuracy.
- When the Contact has all the Applicant(s) and BO(s) questionnaires the Contact enters the Applicant(s) and BO(s) information into this web form and clicks on the Submit button.
- Our system will send an email to the Contact and to FinCEN Filer, LLC, that has all the information entered into this questionnaire.
- The data submitted in this questionnaire will be imported into FinCEN Filer, LLC’s database for further processing by FinCEN Filer, LLC.
- FinCEN Filer, LLC, will send each BO an email that has a pdf file attached and ask the BO to digitally sign the document to confirm that all information in the questionnaire is correct. The purpose of this document is to confirm the information each BO submitted is correct because if BO information is not correct the reporting company could be fined $500/day.
- When all BO’s have confirmed that their questionnaires are correct, FinCEN Filer, LLC will prepare a draft of the FinCEN Report and email it to the Contact for review.
- When the Contact approves the proposed FinCEN Report, FinCEN Filer, LLC will file the FinCEN Report with FinCEN.
- FinCEN Filer, LLC, will send the Contact a copy of the filed FinCEN Report.
Katie: The web form starts below.